Good morning! I’m Melissa, from Melissa’s Cuisine, here again with another recipe for you! Are you getting into the Christmas spirit? I’m doing my best, but I think a little snow on the ground would really help! We had a white Thanksgiving, but it’s looking like our chances for a white Christmas are slim. Our holiday parties are beginning though, and so the Christmas spirit is abundant, even without snow. Today, I’m going to share with you some fun White Chocolate Christmas Trees that are sure to get you in a holiday frame of mind!
Christmas-time is known for its abundance of sweet treats, cookies and desserts. In fact, I have our annual cookie exchange tomorrow! The recipe I’m sharing with you today is extremely versatile, so you can use it for any of your Christmas needs. Put together a goodie bag of these White Chocolate Christmas Trees for your friends, use them on top of cookies, decorate cupcakes with them, make winter artwork (like we did!)….you could even put a tree on everyone’s plate before Christmas dinner.
These sweet trees are easy to make and you can decorate them however you desire. Simply drizzle melted white chocolate over some pretzel sticks, then top them with your choice of sprinkles. I think this would be a fun activity to get the kids involved with too!
White Chocolate Christmas Trees
- 1 12 ounce bag of white chocolate chips
- 48 pretzel sticks
- 1. Melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl until they can be stirred smooth. I microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each time.
- 2. Scoop melted chocolate into a pastry bag with a small round tip. (You can also use a ziploc sandwich bag, just cut the tip off.)
- 3. Arrange pretzels in the shape of a tree on a sheet of waxed paper: Place two pretzels with their ends touching to form a tree, then place the third pretzel in the center of your "tree" for the stump.
- 4. Drizzle the melted chocolate over the pretzels to form the tree.
- 5. Decorate with sprinkles before the chocolate sets.