As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
There’s nothing I like more than making a sugar scrub. It’s a wonderful treat for yourself, and makes a fabulous gift, too! My Whipped Coconut Oil Lavender Sugar Scrub is especially good for hot summer evenings when you’re trying to cool off and relax. Hop into a cool shower and slather this all over – it’s a mild sugar scrub that will slough off dead skin, while the lavender scent relaxes you.
Amazon Disclosure: This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. All opinions are my own, but I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too! This does not increase the cost to you, but does help support Juggling Act Mama. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
Now, if you got a little too much sun, this scrub will feel really wonderful on your skin – to coconut oil will help treat the sunburn. You could add a couple drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil, which is great for your skin as well.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links – this means I earn a few pennies should you click on one of the links and purchase something. It does not increase the cost to you.
Whipped Coconut Oil Lavender Sugar Scrub
- 1 cup Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup lavender body wash, such as Dr. Teal’s Ultra Moisturizing Lavender Body Wash
- 2 tablespoons Dried Lavender
- 5 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil (optional)
- 4oz jar (canning jars work wonderfully)
- Using a whisk, beat the coconut oil until creamy.
- Add the sugar and body wash and whisk the mixture until combined.
- The texture should be thick and fluffy. Stir in the dried lavender.
TIP: You may want to adjust the amount of sugar adding more or less to suit your taste – for a more coarse scrub, add more sugar.
Love making your own beauty products as much as I do? Check out these awesome ideas: