I love having cookouts in the summer with family and friends. It’s such a great chance to enjoy the outdoors and one another’s company! I’m always thinking about delicious recipes the whole family will love for big family backyard bbqs and spur-of-the-moment cookouts with friends. Today, I’m sharing my recipe for Tomato Feta Pasta Salad at Lady Behind the Curtain. (Psst…you can now get the recipe below!)
This is full of fresh flavor because it’s got lots of delicious oregano from my garden in it, along with delicious cheery tomatoes and lots of feta cheese. I love cooking growing my own veggies and herbs and using them in dishes like this one! Recipe below:
- 1 lb pasta shells
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb crumbled garlic and herb feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper to make a simple dressing.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box. Drain and toss in the dressing. Set aside to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, slice the grape tomatoes in half.
- When the pasta has cooled, toss in the tomatoes, oregano, and feta cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Want more great recipes using produce from your garden?
Still have tons of cherry tomatoes? Make these Ginger Soy Beef Kabobs with Chile Tomatoes – so good!
Garden overrun with cucumbers? Try this Spicy Asian Cucumber Salad for a change!