Homemade Frozen Yogurt with fresh raspberries easy and fun to make at home! You’ll need just a couple of ingredients, and a little bit of time.
Thank you to Stonyfield Yogurt, for sponsoring this Raspberry Frozen Yogurt post. As always, all opinions are my own. This post also contains affiliate links. Please see our disclosure policy for more information. #stonyfield #summerfun #ad
I was very excited to try making homemade frozen yogurt for the first time. Using fresh quality ingredients is always important to me and my family. One of the things I love about Stonyfield, is that it is made just minutes from my house! I know that I’m getting a really fresh local product. Stonyfield uses only all-natural ingredients in their yogurts, so I know that I’m giving my family the good stuff!
Olivia and I went raspberry picking with a friend. We picked two pints of delicious raspberries. I’m not sure how many the kids ate but it had to have been at least another half a pint! Raspberry picking isn’t quite as easy as blueberry picking because of the thorns, but the kids did great. Here’s a quick tip for you – don’t wash the raspberries until just before using them or they’ll get soggy and go bad quicker.
Homemade Frozen Yogurt Shopping List
- Stonyfield vanilla yogurt
- fresh raspberries
- granulated sugar
You Might Also Need:
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. I am also an affiliate for other programs. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
Stonyfield provided me with a Yay Labs SoftShell Ice Cream Ball to try out. Its really fun for the kids! Have aspoonula on hand to scrape the homemade frozen yogurt out afterward. You can purchase ice cream salt online, or you may also be able to find it at your local Walmart or Bass Pro Shops. You can store leftovers in an ice cream tub for later.
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, and why I chose them, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
How to make raspberry homemade frozen yogurt:
- Combine the raspberries and sugar and let set 10 minutes.
- Fold the raspberry mixture into the yogurt.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into the metal cylinder.
- Fill the outside chamber of the ball with ice cream salt and ice.
- Close the ice cream ball tightly.
- Roll the ball for 10 minutes until the yogurt begins to freeze.
- Scrape down the sides and roll 5-15 minutes longer, depending on your desired consistency.
- Serve immediately.
Raspberry Homemade Frozen Yogurt
- 1 pint Stonyfield vanilla yogurt
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Toss the sugar and raspberries together and let macerate for 10 minutes.
- Gently stir the raspberry mixture into the yogurt.
- Pour the mixture into the metal cylinder - be sure to leave 1 inch at the top because the mixture will expand as it freezes.
- Fill the outside chamber of the ice cream ball with 1 cup of ice cream salt and as much ice as you can fit.
- Secure the cover.
- Pass the ball back and forth in a rolling motion for 10 minutes.
- Open and scrape down the sides.
- For a harder consistency, continue rolling for another 10-15 minutes.
- Scoop the frozen yogurt out with a wooden spoon and serve immediately, or store in an ice cream tub for later.
About the Yay Labs SoftShell Ice Cream Ball:
It is constructed from durable, food-safe, BPA-free materials. It’s even dishwasher safe.