No-Sew Paper Streamers with scrapbook paper and ribbon are a beautiful way to decorate for any party theme!
I love the look of paper streamers sewn onto a thin string or ribbon, but I don't own a sewing machine (nor do I know how to operate one). For Olivia's Minnie Mouse themed birthday party, I decided to make some streamers and set out to find a way too do it without sewing.
The answer, is glue, of course.
If you want your streamers to be double-sided, I recommend a scrapbooking tape runner, which doesn't need to dry like a wet glue, and doesn't leave a gap between the papers like hot glue will.
- Paper punches in various sizes
- Scrapbook paper
- Coordinating ribbon
- Hot glue gun/glue sticks
- Glue dots
- Start by punching out the shapes you want to use. I used a mixture of circles in various sizes, and scallop-edged punches.
- Next, decided where you will want the streamer to hang and measure the length needed. Cut the ribbon to length.
- Decide what sort of pattern and spacing you want - you can opt to randomly place, or make yourself a quick template for spacing. (I did about 1-inch between the cut-outs and made little marks on a piece of cardboard that I was using as my template).
- To create a one-sided streamer, dab a dot of glue on the ribbon and press the paper cut-out into the ribbon and repeat in whatever desired pattern you have until finished.
- Now if you wish to make your streamer double-sided, flip the ribbon over and use the glue dots to match the cut-outs on the backside until finished.
I recommend storing these hung to keep the paper from bending and the ribbon from looking crumpled.
Once you get the hang of these, the ribbons are pretty quick to make and very inexpensive. If you want to make your streamers a little fancier, you can add a mist of glitter spray, stickers or other embellishments.
If you want to go with a Minnie Mouse theme, you can download my free printable below and use a 2" paper punch. Pair these cut-outs in coordinating solid colors in various sizes
Copy Right Notice: You may print and download these files solely for your own non-commercial use provided that you agree not to change or delete any copyright or proprietary notices from the materials. For more information, please see our Copy Right Notice.
Leave a Reply