If you want the Best Buffalo Chicken Dip you need this recipe! It is one of our most popular recipes of all time. It’s a simple, delicious, game day staple that you can make the day before!
- cream cheese
- blue cheese dressing
- buffalo wing sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- canned chicken breast
From the pantry: salt and pepper.
Items You May Also Need:
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
- Hand Mixer
- Mixing Bowls
- Cheese Grater
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $14.99Was: $22.99
Price: $10.39Was: $12.99
Best Buffalo Chicken Dip Tips
- Start with softened cream cheese to make the process go smoother (literally!) If needed, you can microwave the cream cheese in a small bowl for 15 seconds.
- This makes a big batch, so if you’re having a smaller get together, you could divide the dip in half and freeze one portion for later. You can also portion it out into several smaller dishes so that guest have their own portion. I love this cute Four Piece Mini Baker Set with Lids my sister gave me for Christmas!
- You can keep this dip warm by placing 2 inches of hot water in the bottom of a slow cooker. Set your bowl of dip into the slow cooker and set it onto keep warm. Keep covered in between snacking.
Best Buffalo Chicken Dip
This is the Best Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe because it is adapted from Frank’s Redhot recipe, which can be found here.
Here’s how to fix the Best Buffalo Chicken Dip for your next gathering:
The Best Buffalo Chicken Dip
Creamy, cheesy and loaded with chicken and buffalo sauce for the ultimate game day dip!
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce we used Frank's Redhot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey jack or Colby jack cheese
- 2 12.5 oz cans Swanson's White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in Water, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
In a medium-large oven safe bowl, break up the drained chicken meat.
In a small bowl, whip the softened cream cheese with the hand mixer until smooth, then add it to the chicken and mix by hand until combined.
Stir in the blue cheese dressing, hot sauce, and shredded Monterrey jack or Colby jack cheese.
Top with the shredded mozzarella cheese. Cover with aluminum foil and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
About 30 minutes before serving, preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring once or twice as needed.
Serve with chips or crackers and with a side of carrots and celery.
What to serve with the Best Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Tortilla Chips
- Carrot and Celery sticks
(Mr. Juggling Act says, “Who needs chips or crackers? Just grab a fork – seriously, it’s that good!”)
The Best Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe Variations
Since this is the BEST already, I wouldn’t change a thing, but if you’re looking for some other ideas, here are some suggestions:
- If you prefer, you can use a rotisserie chicken and shred the meat instead of using the cans.
- Substitute ranch dressing for the blue cheese dressing.
- For an extra kick, add a pinch (or two!) of chili powder.
Game Day Grub
If you love game day as much as we do around here, you need these other great recipes!