As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes are super fun to make with the kiddos!
Hello, it’s Doree here from Top Notch Mom sharing this Ice Cream Cone Cupcake recipe just in time for summer! Ice Cream Cone cupcakes were always one of my favorite things to make when I was a kid and I just love that I can make them with my 3 year old now. For these cupcakes we made homemade funfetti batter and pink lemonade frosting. I love anything pink and lemony in the summer time, don’t you? Whether you make these with your kids or not, the best part is decorating them! We had so much fun piping the frosting like ice cream and adding a variety of sprinkles on top.
- 1/2 C butter
- 1 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/2 C flour
- 1 TSP baking powder
- 1/3 C whole milk
- 1/3 cup rainbow sprinkles plus more for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar with a mixer 2-3 minutes or until fluffy
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well combined
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and mix with butter, sugar, egg and vanilla
- Add milk and then fold in rainbow sprinkles
- Wrap ice cream cones in foil and place in cupcake pan so they don't move around
- Fill 1/2 way with batter
- Bake for 15-18 minutes
- Let cool, frost and decorate
For the Pink Lemonade Frosting:
- 1 + 1/2 stick butter – room temperature
- 3 ounces cream cheese – room temperature
- 6 TBS pink lemonade concentrate from frozen concentrate
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- 8 C confectioners sugar
- milk as needed
- * I added a few drops of coloring to make the frosting a brighter pink, this isn’t necessary it will still be a light pretty pink color *
- Combine butter and cream cheese in a bowl and beat on medium-high speed for 3 minutes.
- Reduce the speed to low and add the pink lemonade concentrate, vanilla and confectioners sugar.
- Beat on lowest speed until all of the confectioners sugar is incorporated.
- Increase mixing speed to medium-high and beat until light and fluffy – about 3 to 4 more minutes
- If the icing is too thick add a little bit of milk
- Place into a frosting bag and pipe onto ice cream cone cupcake and top with sprinkles of your choice