Here's how to make your own Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix without all the preservatives and other weird ingredients! Plus, make your own Ranch Dressing and Ranch Dip, too!
I love making my own seasoning mixes - there are so many wonderful flavor combinations to enhance your recipes, and you save a ton of money. Plus, there's no weird preservatives or other ingredients you can't pronounce!
Perhaps my most popular homemade seasoning blend is my Cowboy Spice Mix. With grilling season almost upon us, you need this recipe, so be sure to check it out!
But back to this Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix - it's full of flavor and keeps great in your pantry for quite a long while. It's a lovely addition to a gift basket, too. I like to put a bunch of my favorites like Basil Salt, Italian Garlic and Herb Seasoning Mix, and Taco Seasoning together for a gift.
It makes a wonderful housewarming or hostess gift. Individually, these jars of seasonings make awesome stocking sufferers, because everyone loves having homemade goodies!
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Dry Buttermilk
- Dried Parsley
- Dried Dill Weed
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Dried Minced Onion (sometimes called onion flakes)
- Black Pepper
- Dried Chives
- Kosher Salt
PRO TIP: If you enjoy making your own seasoning mixes like I do, I encourage you to buy large quanities your favorite spices, herbs and other seasonings. Buying in bulk will definitely save money. I like to shop online usually, but sometimes club stores will have a better price so you might want to shop around.
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤
To Make Ranch Dressing:
Here's how to use this seasoning mix to make ranch dressing:
- Combine 1 tablespoon of the Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix with ⅓ cup mayonnaise and ⅓ cup milk, and whisk to combine.
- (You can also substitute Greek yogurt for the mayonnaise if you prefer).
- Drizzle over salads, wings or even pizza!
This delicious Chicken Hashbrown Casserole uses ranch seasoning - you'll love this easy comfort food dish!
To Make Your Own Ranch Dip:
Here's how to use this seasoning mix to make ranch dip for veggies:
- Combine 2 tablespoons of the Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix with ⅓ cup sour cream.
- Mix well and serve with chips or fresh veggies.
You'll also love our easy Greek yogurt dip.
More Amazing Homemade Yumminess
Next time, try one of these other delicious recipes!
- Cowboy Seasoning Mix
- Southwest Chipotle Dressing
- Cowboy Butter
- Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Montreal Seasoning Mix
Recipes Using Ranch Seasoning
Not ready to make your own Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix yet?
When you do make it, please come back and comment and leave me a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating below!
Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- ⅔ cup dry buttermilk
- ¼ cup dried parsley
- 3 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon dried chives
- 2 teaspoons salt
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the ingredients and gently whisk together until well mixed.⅔ cup dry buttermilk, ¼ cup dried parsley, 3 teaspoons dried dill weed, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon onion powder, 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes, 1 tablespoon ground black pepper, 2 teaspoon dried chives, 2 teaspoons salt
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
(I like to use mason jars to store my seasoning mixes.)
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.