Here’s how to make your own Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix without all the preservatives and other weird ingredients! Plus, make your own Ranch Dressing and Ranch Dip, too!
I love making my own seasoning mixes – there are so many wonderful flavor combinations to enhance your recipes, and you save a ton of money. Plus, there’s no weird preservatives or other ingredients you can’t pronounce! Perhaps my most popular homemade seasoning blend is my Cowboy Spice Mix. With grilling season almost upon us, you need this recipe, so be sure to check it out!
But back to this Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix – it’s full of flavor and keeps great in your pantry for quite a long while. It’s a lovely addition to a gift basket, too. I like to put a bunch of my favorites like Basil Salt, Italian Garlic and Herb Seasoning Mix, and Taco Seasoning together for a gift. It makes a wonderful housewarming or hostess gift. Individually, these jars of seasonings make awesome stocking sufferers, because everyone loves having homemade goodies!
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see my Disclosure Policy.
- Dry Buttermilk
- Dried Parsley
- Dried Dill Weed
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Dried Onion Flakes
- Black Pepper
- Dried Chives
PRO TIP: If you enjoy making your own seasoning mixes like I do, I encourage you to buy your spices, herbs and other seasonings in bulk.
You will definitely save money. I like to shop online usually, but sometimes club stores will have a better price so you might want to shop around.
Other Items You May Need:
Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix
This recipe has been adapted from Gimme Some Oven. See the original recipe here. Here’s how to make your own homemade ranch seasoning mix:
Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 2/3 cup dry buttermilk
- 1/4 cup dried parsley
- 3 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon dried chives
- 2 teaspoons salt
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the ingredients and gently whisk together until well mixed.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
(I like to use mason jars to store my seasoning mixes.)
To Make Ranch Dressing:
- Combine 1 tablespoon of the Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix with 1/3 cup mayonnaise and 1/3 cup milk, and whisk to combine.
- (You can also substitute Greek yogurt for the mayonnaise if you prefer).
- Drizzle over salads, wings or even pizza!
To Make Your Own Ranch Dip:
- Combine 2 tablespoons of the Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix with 1/3 cup sour cream.
- Mix well and serve with chips or fresh veggies.
More Amazing Homemade Yuminess
from left to right:
- Cowboy Seasoning Mix
- Southwest Chipotle Dressing
- Cowboy Butter
- Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Montreal Seasoning Mix
Products from Amazon.com
See more great seasoning mixes and homemade condiments: