This Grilled Chipotle Marinated Chicken has so much flavor and just the right amount of heat. If you love a little spice, Grilled Chipotle Chicken will quickly become your new favorite recipe this summer.
This recipe was created as a way to spice up the chicken salad Mr. Juggling makes for his lunches weekly using our Homemade Montreal Seasoning Mix. I decided to experiment with chipotle chilies in adobo and make a marinade to quite literally spice up his lunches.
It also goes really well with my chili lime chicken tacos recipe there is a similar marinating technique, just a completely different flavor in the sauce. The chipotle marinade for grilled chicken has some spicy and some smoky flavors! This chipotle chicken dinner is a nice and light grilled chicken dish for spring and summer it’s rich saucy and smoky flavors make it all kinds of spoon-licking good!
How Do You Make Chipotle Seasoning?
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar, water, and lime juice. Add the garlic, onion, chipotle chilies in adobo, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Once the marinade is well combined, pour it over the chicken. Cover and marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour. The longer you marinate the chicken, the more flavorful it will be. We let ours marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
Best Side Dishes With Chipotle Marinated Chicken
We love serving this over steamed brown rice but you could also try it over quinoa or even pasta. As for sides, we love this served with bacon & garlic cauliflower mash or paired with our ginger soy grilled corn.
Homemade Chipotle Chicken Marinade Shopping List:
- Worcestershire sauce
- Red wine vinegar
- Fresh Lime or Lime juice
- Chipotle chilies in Adobo
Items You May Also Need:
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
- Baking Sheet
- Parchment Paper or tinfoil
- Cutting Board and Good Knife
- Glass Mixing Bowls
For a list of some of my favorite items to use when cooking, please visit my Kitchen Resource page.
Grilled Chipotle Marinated Chicken
- 1 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 6 tablespoons canned chipotle chilies in adobo
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2.5-3 lbs boneless skinless chicken we used chicken thighs
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together theWorcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar, water, and lime juice. Add in the garlic, onion, chipotle chillies in adobo, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Once the marinade is well combined, pour it over the chicken.
- Cover and marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour. The longer you marinate the chicken, the more flavorful it will be. We let ours marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, heat your oven to medium or medium-high heat (about 450-degrees F on the surface). Spray your grates with cooking spray so the chicken doesn’t stick.
- Cook the chicken 5-6 minutes per side over direct heat. Move the chicken to an area of the grill with indirect heat and cook until the internal temperature reaches 165-degrees F. Remove from the grill and let rest 5 minutes before serving or slicing.
Products from Amazon.com
Shop the Post
Amazon Disclosure: This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. All opinions are my own, but I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too! This does not increase the cost to you, but does help support Juggling Act Mama. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.