These Creamsicle Whoopie Pies take me back to sweet summer memories - These delicious little cakes are surefire crowd pleasers! Who doesn't love orange and vanilla together, right?
Trust me, you NEED to make these Creamsicle Whoopie Pies - they'll take you to another time and place!
Remember when you were a kid and you thought summer would never end?
Remember when it didn't matter how cold the water was, you would swim in it?
Somewhere the little kid in me is clamoring for that simpler time... and these whoopie pies!
My mother got me a Whoopie Pie Pan for Christmas, and I've been using it so much! It works wonderfully for whoopie pies, of course, but also for making cookies that are exactly the same size for another must-have summer treat - ice cream cookie sandwiches. So order the pan, and get ready to feel like a kid again!
Creamsicle Whoopie Pies Recipe
- 3-¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2-½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Orange Butter Cream Frosting:
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- orange food coloring (optional
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350-degrees and grease a whoopie pie pan.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, softened butter, orange zest and vanilla. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pans. Do not fill the wells more than ⅔â??s full. Bake for 12-15 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Remove from the pan from the oven and let set for 10 minutes before turning out onto a rack to cool completely.
- Whisk together the sugar, orange extract and butter, adding the milk as needed. Beat for about 3 minutes until fluffy and thick.
- Mix in enough of the orange food coloring to turn the frosting the desired color of orange, if desired.
- Spoon the frosting into a piping bag and pipe onto one cake, place a second cake on top.
Store whoopie pies in the refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Those look so yummy! Heading over to check them out now!
These look heavenly! I love orange creamsicles! Heading over there now to check out the recipe!
Ang Paris says
Thanks so much! 🙂 Enjoy!!
Yum, Ang!! These look fantastic!! Heading over to check 'em out now!
Ang Paris says
Thanks so much Katie!