These sweet churro bites are fluffy on the inside, and perfectly crisp and sweet on the outside. They’re a delicious snack for any time!
Do you relate food with experiences? I think most of us do! Churros are one of the foods that bring back the most memories for me. When I was in high school, our church youth group would go to Chicago on a mission trip. On our way home we would always stop for churros. We also used to make churros in my Spanish class. Apparently churros remind me of high school 😉
These churros bites are pretty much the easiest churros I’ve ever made! I just took a frozen angel food cake, and cut it into squares. I then fried them up in a bit of vegetable oil and coated them in cinnamon and sugar. Easy peasy, right?
These bites were incredible and a huge hit at the party I brought them, too. They are super easy to make and I’ll definitely be making them again and again!
Do you have any foods that bring back good memories for you?
- 1 Angel Food Cake fresh or frozen, thaw first
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- oil for frying
- Cut the Angel Food Cake into approximately 1" by 1" cubes.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Pour oil into a large skillet. You'll need enough to cover the cake cubes.
- Add cake cubes to the oil, being careful not to crowd the skillet. Fry cake cubes in batches, turning to brown each side as necessary.
- Remove cake cubes from oil and toss in cinnamon sugar mix.
- Repeat until all the cake cubes are done.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
If you liked this recipe, you might also enjoy: