These sweet churro bites are fluffy on the inside, and perfectly crisp and sweet on the outside. They're a delicious snack for any time!
Do you relate food with experiences? I think most of us do! Churros are one of the foods that bring back the most memories for me. When I was in high school, our church youth group would go to Chicago on a mission trip. On our way home we would always stop for churros. We also used to make churros in my Spanish class. Apparently churros remind me of high school 😉
These churros bites are pretty much the easiest churros I've ever made! I just took a frozen angel food cake, and cut it into squares. I then fried them up in a bit of vegetable oil and coated them in cinnamon and sugar. Easy peasy, right?
These bites were incredible and a huge hit at the party I brought them, too. They are super easy to make and I'll definitely be making them again and again!
Do you have any foods that bring back good memories for you?
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 Angel Food Cake fresh or frozen, thaw first
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cinnamon
- oil for frying
- Cut the Angel Food Cake into approximately 1" by 1" cubes.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Pour oil into a large skillet. You'll need enough to cover the cake cubes.
- Add cake cubes to the oil, being careful not to crowd the skillet. Fry cake cubes in batches, turning to brown each side as necessary.
- Remove cake cubes from oil and toss in cinnamon sugar mix.
- Repeat until all the cake cubes are done.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.
Omg! I love churros! These don't seem so hard either!
Mai T. says
This looks great and I'd love to try it this weekend! My mom's special duck dish is always a memory I'd bring with me forever.
Starla B says
Oh my goodness, holy yum! Those look delicious! I would love to try and make these- they actually seem like something I could manage!
This looks mouthwatering good!! I want some right now >.<