This is the Best Pork Rub for so many fabulous pork dishes. Best of all, it only takes a couple of minutes to put together this pork rub seasoning mix!
Our pork rub seasoning is a mix of sweet and spicy. Our homemade seasoning mix perfectly compliments pork, however, it can also be used for chicken, too.
When you create your own seasoning mixes, you can control exactly what you have in the blend.
Plus, you can customize it to your taste. If you prefer it a little less spicy, you can adjust the amount of cayenne pepper or chili powder.
These seasonings and spices create a really amazing flavor combination that's so delicious on pork.
- brown sugar
- chili powder
- granulated garlic or garlic powder
- onion powder
- cayenne pepper
- ground mustard
- Himalayan OR Kosher salt
- coarse black pepper
Scroll down to the recipe card for the full recipe.
Here's how to make the best pork rub seasoning:
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- Gently mix the seasonings with a fork or whisk.
- Use a funnel to put the pork seasoning into a mason jar.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Here are the items that are helpful when making our dry rub recipe:
Be sure to check out my Juggling Act Mama Storefront on Amazon where you'll find all kinds of great products to make your life easier! Thanks so much for being a part of Juggling Act Mama ❤
How long will this pork rub keep?
Properly sealed, this mixture will last 6-8 months. I like to keep my spice rub in a mason jar or other airtight container.
My Favorite Pork Recipes
I really love making pork for my family. Here are some of the pork recipes my family, and my readers, love:
- Asian Pork Kabobs
- Barbecue Pork Ribs Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin Dinner
- Grilled BBQ Pork Chops
- Boneless Pork Chops
I have the best seasoning recipes, in my humble opinion! 😉Making your own seasoning blends is easy. Here are a few other homemade seasonings my reader love:
- Easy Basil Salt Seasoning
- Ranch Seasoning Mix
- Homemade Montreal Chicken Seasoning
- Cowboy Steak Rub
- Magic Dust Dry Rub
How do you use this rub?
Use about 2 tablespoons of this seasoning rub per pound of meat.
For best results, massage the mix into the meat and let it marinate for 30 minutes before cooking. I love this mixture on grilled pork ribs, but it's delicious on chicken as well.
Best Pork Rub Seasoning Recipe
I think you're going to find a ton of ways to use this delicious rub! This recipe will yield just about 2.5 cups.
Best Pork Rub Seasoning
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Himalayan OR Kosher salt
- Combine the seasonings and spices into a mixing bowl.1 cup brown sugar, ½ cup smoked paprika, 2 tablespoons chili powder, 2 tablespoons granulated garlic, 2 tablespoons onion powder, 1 tablespoon ground mustard, 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper, 2 tablespoons coarse ground black pepper, 2 tablespoons Himalayan OR Kosher salt
- Gently stir the mixture together until well combined.
- Use the funnel to transfer the mixture to a canning jar.
For best results, be sure to check our Tips and FAQs above with important tips and questions that can help your delicious recipe come out perfectly.