This decadent gingerbread bark has a layer of eggless cookie dough sandwiched in between – it’s a perfect holiday treat!
I love making cookie dough bark – it’s so good, and so simple to make. All the sweet awesomeness of cookie dough, without the risk of salmonella poisoning (because who wants to deal with that at Christmastime!?!) This is made without eggs, and takes a shortcut from a bagged mix – pretty awesome, right? This Gingerbread Cookie Dough Bark is a great treat to whip up when you need just one more thing for the dessert table. It’s also great for gift giving!
- 1 pouch sugar cookie mix
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 bag (24oz) gingerbread flavored candy melts
- Start by lining a cookie sheet with parchment paper – set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar cookie mix with the butter and milk. You may find it is easiest to mix this dough with your hands.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt half the candy melts per the instructions on the bag. Once smooth, pour the candy melts onto the parchment paper and spread to about ¼ inch thick. Working with a little dough at a time, top the chocolate with the dough. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes until it is starting to harden.
- Melt the remaining candy melts and pour over the top of the dough spreading it with a spatula. Top with sprinkles or other decorations.
- Chill for 1 hour until completely hardened, then break apart and package up.
The buttery flavor of the cookie dough is so good with the spicy gingerbread-flavored chocolate. Your guests will literally not be able to stop eating this!
Not into the cookie dough?
Try this delicious chocolate bark recipe which is even EASIER, if you can believe that!