Roasted Garlic Hummus is a delicious and healthy appetizer and snack for parties, or even for school lunches! This recipe couldn’t be more simple – you’re going to love it!
This Roasted Garlic Hummus recipe is so good you’re going to want to make it again and again. It’s perfect for parties or even a casual date night at home. (Don’t worry, two garlic breaths cancel each other out!) You just need a few simple ingredients, so this is a great to whip up for last minute get togethers.
Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Roasted Garlic
- 1 head garlic
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas – drained, but reserve the liquid
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbsp Tahini (optional)
- 1/4 tsp of ground cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp of the reserved chickpea liquid
- roasted garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon chives + pinch of red pepper flakes for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees and cut off about 1/4 inch of the top of the garlic to expose
- garlic. (It's ok if you aren't able to cut off every clove.)
- Place the head of garlic on top of a sheet of foil and drizzle olive oil over the garlic.
- Wrap in the foil and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before handling.
- Carefully remove the skin and discard. Keep the roasted cloves for the hummus.
- In a food processor, combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, salt, pepper, tahini, cumin and
- pulse for a couple of minutes. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the food processor.
- Pulse again for another minute and scrape down the sides once again.
- Add the olive oil and all the cloves of garlic, Pulse again in the food processor until
- smooth and creamy and add additional olive oil as needed.
- Serve in a dish and drizzle with extra olive oil. Garnish with red pepper flakes and
- chopped chives.
— Juggling Act Mama (@JugglingActMama) April 11, 2016
Your family and friends will love this tasty dish! Be sure to pin the recipe for later.
Need more appetizer ideas? Try one of these recipes: