Blueberry Scones are the perfect breakfast or afternoon snack option that is easily made using fresh blueberries!
I have told my readers a LOT that I am not much of a breakfast person but this year I am fighting my way through that. Making these blueberry scones is one way I am combating my lack of eating breakfast. I love making smoothies but sometimes I want something a little more substantial before I head off to work.
That’s where these scones come into play. They bake up in almost about 30 minutes and can be made the day before. So while I am sitting around in the evening watching the tube I’ve got fresh blueberry scones cooking away and ready to be eaten first thing in the morning!
Normally you would think of a scone as an afternoon type treat with a cup of tea but it’s acceptable to eat them for breakfast as well!
I went with blueberry because my local grocery store has had them on sale for over a week for .99 cents a pint. Now that can not be beat at all! So I bought 6 pints at the beginning of the week and 6 more right before the sale ended! We are stocked up for awhile and my kids couldn’t be happier!
Me either because now I want to make these scones again! ENJOY!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick cold butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cups milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup flour
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon and butter until mixer is crumbly.
- Add eggs and milk and continue to mix until combined.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Dough will be sticky, add the other 1/2 cup flour.
- Dump mixture out onto parchment paper.
- Shape into round disk.
- Cut into 8 equal pieces.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until scones are golden brown and toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Serve and ENJOY!