Is the holiday season wearing you out yet? I woke up this morning and was tired just thinking about all we have to do this week. All good, fun things, but busy! So busy. I spent a lot of this past weekend baking and next weekend is shaping up to be more of the same, plus some holiday parties.
All my friends know I have a food blog and have come to expect that I bring something, usually a baked good, to gatherings. I love baking but sometimes you need a break from the sweets (and sometimes my oven is out of room to add one more cookie sheet!).
This Creamy Salsa Dip couldn’t be easier. It hardly deserves a recipe card as it’s just cream cheese and salsa blended together, but sometimes easy is best. You could jazz it up by adding shredded cheese to the top or some black beans, but I ate this bowl as is. For dinner. Between making batches of cookies.
Serve it with some tortilla chips or chop up some fresh veggies for dipping.
I highly recommend making your own salsa, but if you don’t have time (or inclination), I like Herdez.
- 1 block (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa (homemade is best!)
- In a medium bowl, add the softened cream cheese and cup of salsa.
- Use a hand mixer on medium to blend until smooth.
- Serve with chips or fresh veggies for dipping.
- Store in the fridge in a covered container.
- Optional: top with black beans or shredded cheese
Other dips you might like: