Hey, it’s Doree here from Top Notch Mom. If you’ve been looking for a sweet summer treat, look no further I’ve got you covered. Here is a simple recipe for Pink Lemonade Cupcakes.
One of my favorite summer time beverages is a glass of ice cold pink lemonade. We recently attended the most adorable Barbie themed birthday party where they served pink lemonade cupcakes for dessert. Needless to say it inspired me to try and recreate that deliciousness at home. I thought for sure it would be a complicated thing, but decided one evening to give it a shot.
I originally thought powdered lemonade drink mix would do the trick, but didn’t have any in my pantry. Isn’t that always the way it goes 😉 I did however have frozen pink lemonade concentrate so I figured why not give it a try. What I thought would be a baking fail turned out absolutely delicious.
Go try out this sunny summer treat for yourself! It will for sure be a crowd pleaser.
- Use any cake mix recipe or box mix
- 1 + 1/2 stick butter - room temperature
- 3 ounces cream cheese - room temperature
- 6 TBS pink lemonade concentrate from frozen concentrate
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- 8 C confectioners sugar
- milk as needed
- Combine butter and cream cheese in a bowl and beat on medium-high speed for 3 minutes.
- Reduce the speed to low and add the pink lemonade concentrate, vanilla and confectioners sugar.
- Beat on lowest speed until all of the confectioners sugar is incorporated.
- Increase mixing speed to medium-high and beat until light and fluffy - about 3 to 4 more minutes
- If the icing is too thick add a little bit of milk
- Place into a frosting bag and pipe onto cupcake or use a knife, enjoy!
Want more tasty cupcake recipes?