Hello there, Juggling Act Mama readers! It’s Katie from View From The Fridge back today to share a fun and easy craft … Patriotic DIY Paper Flowers. And … because the 4th of July is just around the corner, I’ve made the flowers a little patriotic!
There are quite a few paper flower tutorials out there, but I’m pretty sure this is about the easiest version! A couple folds … some hot glue … a button to top it off, and you’re done! Flowers that don’t die … flowers that can be customized to whatever holiday is coming up or whatever your decor is … flowers that will last forever (and don’t need water!).
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Scrapbook paper, preferably double sided
- Wooden skewers OR extra long Lollipop sticks OR
- Hot Glue Gun
And here’s how easy it is:
Patriotic DIY Paper Flowers Tutorial:
- Out of your scrapbook paper, cut a square (~5″), then cut this in half diagonally to form two triangles
- Using one triangle, fold both ends into the center to meet in the middle as shown
- You should now have a perfect square.
- Fold down each corner as shown
- From the center, fold the paper so each center edge is now matched up with the outer edge
- Curl the paper so that each edge meets in the middle. Repeat these 6 steps 6 times to form 6 petals.
- Get out the hot glue gun and apply hot glue to your dowel rod/skewer/lollipop stick
- Glue each petal onto the skewer as shown
- Six petals glued onto the top of the skewer
- Hot glue a button onto the center to cover the top of the skewer
My little sidekick was helping me out on these, and decided he was also a fan of these flowers:
One more closeup of these paper flowers:
Thanks for having me here today, Ang! I’ll be back next month with more craftiness. In the meantime, I’d love for you to stop by and say “hi” over at View From The Fridge.
And … in case you’re wondering about those mason jar vases … check out that tutorial here: