Grown ups aren’t the only ones who like to lounge at the beach with a good book. Here are ten great beach books for kids!
There is never a bad time to get kids to read; even at the beach! It’s nice to play all day in the sand, but let’s face it, it’s inevitable that they get over tired and cranky and may need a little down time, so why not encourage them to read (or better yet, read with you) while they relax a little bit? Each of these books is perfect for read aloud time and they all have a summer theme to keep your kids interested while they listen to the waves splash, and wiggle their toes in the sand. You might even find yourself enjoying them!
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. Please see my Disclosure Policy for more information.
1. Can You Say It, Too? Arf! Arf! by Sebastien Braun
2. The Forget-Me-Not Summer by Leila Howland
3. Caterina and the Best Beach Day by Erin Eitter Kono
4. Where is Baby’s Beach Ball by Karen Katz
5. Stick Dog Dreams of Ice Cream by Tom Watson
6. Llama Llama Sand & Sun by Anna Dewdney
7. Dork Diaries 9: Tales from a Not-So-Dorky Drama Queen
8. Penguin on Vacation by Salina Yoon
9. One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams=Garcia
10. Froggy Learns to Swim by Jonathan London